Friday, August 16, 2013

Helpless

I'm helpless.  I've done all the calling, double-checking, follow-ups, etc I can do on this current case we're working on.  After receiving a few more details re: the birth mother & the baby, I was able to call those in to the AZ Child Protective Services to add to the info I already knew.  I made the lady go over in detail, twice, what I could now to keep this going forward.


  • She is going to send an e-mail to another person in the department.  They will research to see if there is even an open case on this child(ren).
  • If there is an open case, they will place a note on their file saying that we have called & shown an interest in adopting this child(ren).
  • They will then see if a family member or the current foster family has any interest in adopting the child(ren).
  • If not, then the case manager will contact us to begin proceedings for us to move forward with an adoption.
  • Since we're out-of-state, we would have to have to travel to Phoenix to have a face-to-face meeting with the child to see if the child bonds with Jonathan & me & visa versa.
  • Depending on certain details of the case, we may have a longer 'trial period' in which we would have temporary custody of the child(ren) for a few days, again testing to see if a bond is able to be formed.
  • If all of the above works out, then the adoption process could start to become final, & the child(ren) would be permanently released to us, their new parents.
Seems like a lot of things that have to swing in our favor, right?  I know.  I feel pretty helpless beginning with Step 1-wait to see if anybody calls us.  We won't be notified at all if things end up going a different direction & we're out of the picture.  We'll only be notified if we ARE in the picture.  For those of you who know me, I REALLY DO NOT LIKE talking on the phone.  That being said, I have NEVER BEEN SO ANXIOUS for my cell phone to ring.  How in the world am I supposed to cope for the next several days or weeks while I wait for my phone to ring to tell me that we're in consideration to be parents again?


3 comments:

  1. Seeing as how you never answer the phone... ;-) Big step being attached to an electronic device! Will continue to pray! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you guys! Thanks for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your parents are here in Arizona, but if there is anything we could do to help expedite the process please do not hesitate to ask. We continue to pray for God's will in expanding your family.

    ReplyDelete