Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Lame Duck

Have you ever found yourself waiting 'patiently' for something, knowing that the progress of your situation is at the mercy of a 3rd person?  Tell me about it.  Since we've been made aware of this adoption opportunity in Arizona, I've been carrying on with day-to-day life on the outside, but screaming on the inside as I've gone 9 days with not a word from that 3rd person.  I'd be thankful for even the word that there's no new news to report at this time.  I hate the thought that, if in fact these are our 2 kids out in Arizona, they are being forced to spend day after day without being HOME with their forever family because mommy can't move the situation forward because I have no idea where things at.

So what does a mommy do when she can no longer stand being separated from her possible babies?  She cuts out the 3rd person & blindly starts searching on her own, of course!  Yep.  This momma would not stand for being left in the dark any longer.  I found a phone # on the State of Arizona Child Protective Services website & called it.  After giving a brief description of the situation to the lady on the phone, she directed me to the correct people to talk to.  I'd like to say I have more news on the situation after those phone calls yesterday, but I do not.  I had to leave a voice message for the correct ladies, giving them a brief description of the situation, a little about our family, & my cell phone #, pleading with them to call me ANYTIME!!!  So here I am again - sitting like a lame duck in the dark, waiting for the light of dawn, or for some gracious person to put me out of my misery.  Even in my blackest night, I am not alone.  How does anybody do this without Jesus at their side?!

No comments:

Post a Comment