Tuesday, April 21, 2015

ADOPTION JOURNEY!!!

I wanted to start this entry with the above picture so that you will know the undertone from which I will be writing today.  If you aren’t aware of the journey we are currently on, let me fill you in.

About 3 weeks ago, Jonathan & I were chosen by a birth father & birth mother to adopt their unborn child (we don’t know gender yet), due June 16!  We were elated!  After almost 2 years of following leads, praying for God’s direction, & simply waiting on God’s timing, we finally were seeing His plan at work!  After a few conversations with the 2 ladies that helped put the birth family & us (adoptive family) together, we planned a dinner meeting on Easter Sunday evening.  We met the birth parents along with the 2 ladies for dinner at a small, local restaurant.  Things went really well, & Jonathan & I walked away knowing this was the child we were meant to bring into our family.  What a good feeling, but not without a simultaneous feeling of being overwhelmed by all the things that would need to be done in such a short time.  Oh yeah…remember her due date was June 16, so we had roughly 8 weeks to get all of our ducks in a row.  Recently, it was determined that her updated due date is June 1, so we lost over 2 weeks of time to get things done…..yeah…….

It’s only been a little over 2 weeks, but we have already secured an attorney that we really love & have already started the legal process of making this baby a McMurray.  The birth mother wanted to deliver somewhere other than her current community with her current doctor, so I’ve found a DR that will take a 33 week pregnant woman that meets her needs.  There are still MANY things that have yet to be done, but not all of them are 100% within my control.  It definitely takes a team effort to knock out each task, but sometime life forces one or more of the team members to deal with other things before participating in the details of the adoption process.  What does this mean for this adoptive mommy?  It means I have NO CHOICE but to look to Jesus for peace.  Once again, Jesus is allowing yet another difficult life experience to be used to teach me to live in a whole new level of trust & peace in Him.  When I don’t have any control over the next step in the process, Jesus reminds me that He’s walking (or sometimes sitting) thru this journey with me.  All He asks of me is to play my part, always be prepared, & wait patiently for Him open the next door.  

Please don’t ask me to share intimate details about the process at this point.  For anybody that knows me well, you’ll know that my personality is such that I enjoy sharing with others about what’s going on in my life from a very HONEST perspective, happy or sad.  This being the case, you may sometimes wonder whether my posts are TRUE reflections of how I’m feeling.  Truth – the adoption process is NOT always “sunshine & rainbows”.  Sometimes it feels as though you are in the middle of a hurricane.  I will do my best to reflect things as they really are without compromising my commitment to our birth family (see picture above).

Hopefully more awesome updates to come SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment