Monday, April 27, 2015

Nesting

Is it possible, do you think, for an adoptive mother to experience "nesting"?  I'm going to guess that it's possible because I'm pretty sure that's what I'm doing right now.  I work all day, then come home, do my normal housekeeping routine, then begin tackling some random project that I feel NEEDS to be done right now.  Thankfully, most of my urges have been to do projects that have to do with the baby's room.  We're at 33 weeks today, so it's probably time to start preparing for the idea that baby could be coming close to any time now.  Haven't even started thinking about packing my hospital bag, but maybe that will be one of my crazy nesting urges on another day!

Things continue to progress nicely for our baby girl.  Birth mother says she continues to make her presence known by moving & kicking just as much as possible.  We can't wait to have her moving & kicking in our arms.  I've never been so ready to lose sleep from a baby being up all night.  I'd rather be tired because a baby needs me than because a process needs me.  There are just so many tasks to check off that it doesn't seem like any one human can really conquer the entire list before time is up.  There are so many needs that other people need to have met, many of which tend to fall under my realm of responsibility.  I am ready to make that transition from my current "job" of making the adoption process move forward to taking on the job of simply being "mother of 2 girls".  Lord, help me enjoy these days leading up to this exciting day that we are SOOO looking forward to.  Help us not to overlook the lessons You would have us learn & experience along the way - enjoy the part of the journey we are on.

2 comments:

  1. Remember that God gave you a help mate named Jonathan during this time of preparation and never ending to do lists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember that God gave you a help mate named Jonathan during this time of preparation and never ending to do lists.

    ReplyDelete