Monday, April 1, 2013

Glimmer of Hope

Last Wednesday's & Saturday's DR appointments seemed to shows signs of being the 'beginning of the end'.  Nothing had progressed to a point that we could do anything.  However, this morning's DR appointment proved otherwise.  Between Saturday AM & Monday AM, my system kicked into gear.  And not just enough to give us 1 egg to work with, but 2!  DR Gehlbach has prescribed 1 more shot of the medication (tonight) in order to boost the eggs' size a bit more, then Tuesday night (tomorrow), I'll administer the hcg shot which tells my system it's 'go time'.  Last step in the process is that I'll go in Thursday AM for the IUI.  From there, it's prayer warrior time!  We'll have to wait 2 weeks 'til April 18 to find out if my body accepted the IUI. 

Waiting for the results last month was terrible.  But this month, waiting shouldn't be as big of a deal.  I say that because there is so much to keep me busy between April 4-18.  I have a 5K this Saturday, April 6.  The following Saturday, April 13, I'm co-hosting a baby shower for my sister Tylie & her husband Ryan.  That brings me to the best time waster...my new niece!  I plan to waste all kinds of time going to see Rylie!  She's not here quite yet, but if she doesn't come on her own by April 9, they'll go in to be induced.  So, either way, I'll have a new niece during my waiting time. :)  Other than those things, I do still have taxes to get done in this time as well.  I'm in crunch time, so I'll be nothing short of a crazy person 'til April 15...some may argue that April 15 does not mark the end of me being a crazy person! LOL. :)

Please continue to keep us in your prayers, especially this week.  Updates on the results to come in a few weeks, whether it's positive or negative.  Either way, it will mark the beginning of a new adventure for the J&T McMurray family!

No comments:

Post a Comment